Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Well, here we are. About to enter week 32 of our first pregnancy, and I really can't believe how fast the time has gone. And as soon as I think about the past weeks, I know the coming weeks will go even quicker! I'm dying to meet our son, but there is still plenty left to do before he arrives. Let's take a stroll down pregnancy memory lane...

January 31: Positive home test and announcements to the grandparents
February 7: Doctor visit confirms pregnancy
February 24: Ultrasound confirms 8 weeks along and 10/4/11 due date
April 8:  The secret is out... we've gone "Facebook official!"
May 20: Five month ultrasound = IT'S A BOY!
August 1: Labor & Delivery class begins (4 Mondays for 3 hours each)

Unveiling the gender via cake icing (inside) to Jim's family (5/22/11)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



20-week profile (5/20/11)

24-week profile (6/14/11)



30-week profile (7/26/11)
Jim's belly @ 30-weeks ;)
     














































Just two days after we returned from vacation, we started our birth classes at Aultman Hospital. This started what I consider the beginning of the end of pregnancy. Oddly enough, out of just seven couples in the class, three of us have 10/4 due dates, and only two of us are expecting boys. One of the couples just relocated here from Virginia (literally just moved the weekend before class started—something I wouldn't wish on even my worst enemy at 8 months pregnant!), and another woman's husband is in Iraq, so she's in class with her mother. I can't imagine having gone through this without my husband, so I have a ton of respect for her. All in all, it's a great group of people and I'm excited to see what the next three weeks have in store. Well, except for the "video" the nurse warned us we'd be watching in the second class.   

Other appointments include a consultation Tuesday with the hospital's anesthesia team. Since I had back surgery for scoliosis, and have titanium rods in my spine, my delivery options might be limited. This is the one area that's been really unknown throughout the pregnancy, so once I know what options I do have, I think I'll be less anxious. As for regular doctor visits, we're down to two week intervals until 36 weeks.

Aside from all the medical to-dos, at home, Jim got the nursery painted last week! I also bought fabric for curtains and the crib skirt. The crib will be assembled this week, and our families are throwing a shower Saturday. It's really coming together!

On an entertaining note, and since I'm a marketing and advertising person, I couldn't help but share this entertaining commercial. I find it a bit gross, but it's completely memorable, and that's what it's all about:

Luv's Diaper Campaign

That's it for now... I will try to post once a week up through delivery, and then after that, we'll see. Everyone says life is going to change when the baby shows up, so extra time may be more limited by then ;)

Thank you to my family and friends for their continued support throughout pregnancy! I can't believe this journey is almost over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment